Saturday, July 5, 2014

On the Farm...

The Kim Williams family gathered at the Leon Williams Farm again for our reunion. We did this last year and made so many memories!  Here's a couple memories to remember from this year:








 Skye holding Asher:













My grandpa has been diagnosed with a pretty awful lung disease.  We don't know how much longer he's going to be around and we wanted to spend our reunion out on the farm again.  He told many fun stories and memories from his past.  He shared stories of grandma and his chase to catch her.  I'll be writing those down for my own memories and heritage.

When it was time to go home, grandpa was very emotional.  It very well may be the last time I see him.  I went in the living room to see him for a few minutes before we headed home, and he expressed all his favorite things he loved about me. Grandpa is, and always has been, the champion of making each of his family members and each of his grandkids (that's a lot) feel like they are individually his favorite person in the world.  I knelt on the floor in front of him. We held both hands, and he told me he loved me. I laid my head on his belly that I love, and he wrapped his arms around me and we cried together.  It was a long and hard cry and we stayed there for minutes.
I then joked with him about how his hands were soft like a babies bottom, and it was the first time I felt his hands soft ever in my life.  He's always been hard at work all his life through all hours of the day and even the night sometimes.  He'll be a blessed man. I love him.

No comments: