Saturday, January 29, 2011

Potty Training {update!}

UPDATE:
She has been Pee Potty Trained
for a couple weeks now...
but terrified to go #2 :(
She's doing it now! She is officially trained!
(Will we ever have step backs?
We shall see.
Will we keep the bed dry every night?
We shall see...but we're there!)
***
Skye potty trained at age 3
And Cyrie at 26 months.
I guess girls ARE easier :)

I thought you should know...that I'm training a Cyrie to use the white porcelain.
I want nothing more than to have
your sympathya diaper free home, and smell-good bedrooms. Is there such a thing? I don't recall.

Skye did it all on his own when he was three. Cyrie just turned two this past November.
Is she ready? I am.

Skye did it all in one day. (after fighting for 6 months)
As soon as I quite forcing he was ready!
Cyrie is going to be a process.
Any advice?

She knows what she's doing. She hates the cold-pull-ups and tells me when she needs to go, but I really want her to wear panties during the day and the pull ups at night.
Is there really such a thing as easy potty training? Or is it just a 'get rich quick' scheme?

*Ups n Downs*

Tinkle tinkle little tot,
little bare bums on the pot.
Potty dances, potty parties,
sprinting when there's lil farties.
***
Days of celebrating cheers,
in between our daily tears.
I think we're gunna make it through,
But then some days, it's harder too.

{pics and poem by me}



6 comments:

'T' said...

for one thing, her hair looks great for potty training ;)

Megan said...

Oh, it only takes one day! We have a method we use that all of Tim's family (including his Mom) have used and it works wonders!!! I'll send you an email ;)

Brady and Christi said...

Oh Linds, I can't even imagine the frustration but here in another year or so I'll know all about it and then I'll be asking you for advice!! Good luck!!
P.S. Love the little poem and Cyrie seriously looks so stinkin cute on the pot! :)

Anonymous said...

she is darling and i love your little poem.... good luck with the potty training!!

Jenn said...

Good luck!

The Skinners said...

Well its a matter of finding the right panties to motivate her! The hello kitty ones didnt work out... so who knew I just had to buy princess ones???? ha. Honestly it seems like kids just decide when they are ready, I dont know of an easy way to force it either. Good luck!