I've said it before but aging is just awesome. I'm one year smarter right? Another year of more memories. Another year with my husband. Another year as a parent. Another year finding myself through Christ. I love birthdays to reflect back. Josh surprised me by not having mutual on my birthday and getting a babysitter and planning a little date that included Texas Road House and thrift store shopping. Do I love him? To the ends of the earth kind of love.
He cooked for a good 3 days straight (not a continuous 3 days of cooking, but the meals there in), he spoiled me with flowers and gifts, but my favorite thing he did for me??? Well, it started when he asked me what I wanted for my birthday and as a joke I told him I wanted him to grow out his fingernails and give me a top notch back scratch (seriously...why don't they serve such services at spas)? He did it and though he wouldn't let me take a picture of his fingernails, I testify to you that they were FAR longer than a man should maintain and coming from my husband,
THAT. IS. LOVE. (And so was his top notch back scratch).
The kids and Josh made Chocolate cupcakes with cookie dough frosting. (It's not really cookie dough by the way, it just tastes exactly like it!) And after one fabulous attempt at singing me a little tune for my birthday I blew out my single adorable candle. And now, here I am, 28 years old.
And reflecting back I can honestly say I'm super happy. I love where my life is right now. I always have, but does life always seem to get sweeter? Yes, so it seems. I'm so in love with my family and what they mean to me. All of them. I love being a college student. I love coaching my son's soccer team. I enjoy staying at home with Cyrie and teaching her the basics of her academics. I love our ward and our church callings. I love my simple life. My friends treat me like I'm a rockstar because they're far too kind. And I have so many rockstar friends. I love my quiet evenings. And I love my Heavenly Father who knows me, and my Savior who adores me.
***
Well, next year on my birthday I'll do more reflecting and so...
as a New Birth-Year Resolution, I wanted to do a fun service project. And starting in a week, every Saturday morning at 5:30am (YUP in the A. M.) I'll live video chat with a girl named Cecilia. She's from Oaxaca, Mexico and is trying to learn English so she can be successful at the BYUI Pathway college program next year. So from now until December early EVERY SATURDAY we'll be chatting on Skype face to face. Just getting to know each other and give her the opportunity to speak English. I'm pretty sure I'll get more out of this than this sweet Mother of 1 in Mexico, and I'm so happy to have a face to face 'pen pal.'
(Luckily I'll have Josh if translation becomes rough at times. I can just wake him up right?)
Thanks to so many loved ones who made my day a special one. I love you.(Luckily I'll have Josh if translation becomes rough at times. I can just wake him up right?)
-Linds

No comments:
Post a Comment