DENIAL.
That's what I am. SO MUCH SO that I'm completely out of character today. I LOVE to prepare, I LOVE to plan...but for some reason the first day of school was the last thing I wanted to prepare for. I wasn't aware of my denial until this morning.
"What are you wearing to school today?" "Why haven't I given you a haircut yet?" "Where in SamHeshla is your lunchbox?" "Are you sure you are able to go to the bathroom wearing that belt?"
Even Skye's Father's Blessing was this morning.
How did First Grade come so soon?
Why did it come at all?...Our summer was just starting.
But alas...
I've learned my lesson.
{First Day of School 2013}
The evening before First day of schol:
So my children wanted absolutely NOTHING to do with photos today. NOTHING. It's completely my own fault because I usually like to prep them for a photo shoot and let them know what's coming and what reward they get after. YUP. I'm a BIG PHOTO BRIBER. But School snuck up on me without permission, and when I wanted to do photos, my kids were not in ANY mood to cooperate. What I wanted to do initially involved an American flag, globe, old books, old baseball mitt/ball, and an old desk were all in my mind's eye for this handsome fella. After zero success of bribing and getting nowhere, including our car and destination, we just walked about 4 feet from our back door and snapped some photos. We came back in the house with 8 photos to be exact. 3 of Skye and 5 of Cyrie. Thank you kids for at least giving me these memories to keep.
I have a full-time schooler on my hand, as well as a full time (home-body) preschooler.
Preschool with momma:
First Grader
Skye's first day nervous questions: "What if someone steps on me while I'm going down the slide?"
Momma: Then you say "Excuse me, can you please wait until I'm done going down the slide because that hurt a bit."
Skye: "What if I spill my drink at lunch?"
Momma: Then find a grown up and let them know and then offer to help clean it up.
It's weird remembering all the emotions and excitement that come from the first day of school and seeing him go through it. The day before school started he met his teacher and he said a prayer in the car before we got out that she would be a fun teacher. And I'm thinking she's going to be PRETTY great! Good luck Mr. 1st grader, can't wait to pick you up and hold your hand in mine again. Till then...








1 comment:
Love your blog and love, love, love youe family!!
Post a Comment