Sticky fingers ' tangled hair,
scattered crayons, everywhere.
Fancy artwork ' on the wall '
drawn by midgets ' three feet tall.
Tell me why ' and tell me how '
that was mine ' I want it NOW!
Fix my bike. Buy me gum.
If you have it, I want some.
Dirty faces, grass-stained knees,
learning words ' like pretty please.
Endless hugs & goofy wet kisses,
learning respect with 'Mr.' & 'Mrs.'
Scraped-up hands, from falling down.
Tender tugs - - on my night gown.
Messy fingers ' hair gone wild '
all in the life ' of a precious child !
Welcome to our home.

I know two little people who are the best of friends.

They would honest-to-heaven do ANYTHING for each other.

And can never share enough loves.

Or laughs.

And I hope it always stays that way. Because I cant get enough squeezes from either of them.

Here's my two little posers:

Yes, he looks like he's river dancing...

Skye has finished the book of mormon. Well...the picture book of mormon. So we've started over and now every night before bed they both open their scriptures to the right chapter and we watch the dvd made that tells the same story and shows the same pictures and they follow along. I thought it would be a hassle to keep them calm and reverent, but they both absolutely love to follow along.

In case you didn't know, Cyrie loves being a girl...Every day I see similarities to myself.
We both share a love of eyeliner...

And posing our subjects and snapping a picture!
(although, my subjects usually stay fully clothed,
sorry about barbie's nudie pa-tootie).

This months updates are:
Cyrie is theatrical. Quite literally. You can tell her to do her SAD PUPPY face or her BAD GUY laugh in the same minute. She loves being dramatic. Cyrie also LOVES colors. Her first favorite color was yellow, then red and now she has discovered PINK. Need I say more?
Skye new favorite color is green. For the past 2 years it's been orange. (obsessed with orange), but you cant compete with green I guess.
He is set on buying a new baby sister at Walmart. Some days I wish I could pop out babies in a breeze, but I'm not like my cousin here that lives in Jerome, who's due in February and, Ya...you cant even tell that she's pregnant. SERIOUSLY. It's going to take a little work to convince Skye that there isn't a baby isle in walmart. And even MORE convincing that THAT'S not where babies come from.
And I thought I'd finish with
THIS YEAR'S FIRST AND SECOND PLACE
PHOTOS OF CHRISTMAS MORNING CONTEST
Cyrie came in as the runner up for her,
"I'm a princess and there's nothing you can do about it" shot.

And the winner of this years christmas morning shot is Skye! with:
"I enjoy Mario...but only a little"

Dont worry, he's not dying.
We let Skye play the Wii on Wednesday's and Saturdays, but only if he's finished his chores on Monday-tuesday, and Thursday-Friday. (They also got chore charts for Christmas from me, aren't I a barrel of fun?) But it works :)
Sincerely,
Us.
7 comments:
how cute are they? what a great mommy you are.
Love it!!!! You're such an amazing mom!!! Love the last picture! AND...the naked barbie! :)
They are adorable!! Skye looks so big!! I hope my two munchkins will love eachother as much!! Cant wait to see you guys!!
Linds, I am laughing with tears running down my eyes looking at Skye with his Mario video game. Evelyn is looking at me wierd wondering why I am laughing at the computer like a mad woman. That is the best picture EVER!!!!
Your kids are SO CUTE!!! PInk and frills wont last forever. But I don't know that any girl grows out of the "I'm a princess, and there's nothing you can do about it!" phase. good luck explaining that babies don't come from Walmart... Luv u Linds!
I don't think skye likes mario:)
ok our kids are seriously soulmates. My Ali is SUCH and actress, literally! And Cole cannot get enough Wii either. love it!
Post a Comment