╔╗╔╦══╦═╦═╦╗╔╗ ★ ★ ★
║╚╝║══║═║═║╚╝║ ☆¸.•°*”˜˜”*°•.¸☆★ ☆¸.•
║╔╗║╔╗║╔╣╔╩╗╔╝ ★ NEW YEAR ☆ 2011
╚╝╚╩╝╚╩╝╚╝═╚╝ ¥☆★☆★☆¥
It's been a great year! 20-10!
-I love life.
- I love MY life.
-I love me.
AKA
-I love the Gospel.
-I love the life I've been given.
-I love who God made me.
I'm teaching Relief Society tomorrow titled "Faith-The Choice is Yours."
I'm a true believer in optimism and the power of it. I think it goes hand in hand with the realization that God has a hand in everything, the smallest and the biggest of things.
That faith is my foundation.
My New Years Resolutions
this year include the following:
1- To be more acceptable to personal revelation.
And to follow through! Personal revelation is one of my top favorite blessings.
2- To drink a gallon of water every day.
I love water, but I just forget...and by the time that it's evening...It's too late, unless I want to make myself sick.
3- To fulfill my church calling.
I was totally in my element with the Young Women, and enjoyed that calling for 2 years. Now I'm in the Relief Society Pres and I didn't realize how much I missed the women! Oh it's glorious. I love my calling!
4- To lose 33 lbs.
Wowzers I've been lazy...and the time flew by too fast. I cant say I'm trying to lose my babyweight when my baby is over 2! (I gained 52lbs with Skye and was fully showing around 4-5 months, and then only 40 lbs with Cyrie and didn't start showing untill I was 7 months). So I'm pretty sure it's not baby weight I need to lose. (Get on the ball Linds!)
5- To read my Scriptures every day.
I find myself sometimes replacing it with the Ensign or lesson studies. Stop it. Stop it.
6- To write in my journal every Sunday.
I love my journals and have plenty of laughs and tears when I read back through them. It's worth it. And it's surely amazing how many memories we forget so easily and never think about again. I have filled over 20.
7- To budget well. (With Josh)
Ever since my sister went to Dave Ramsey's 13 week class last year, and caught me up on everything, I want nothing more than to be MORE in control of our budget, debts, and savings. My mother in law bought us his new book. Righteous!
8- To be a better grocery shopper. Seriously.
It's time I learned. I always thought those 'couponers' were CRAZIES. I'm now thinking about becoming one.
9- To post on this blog more.
It gets neglected while I'm on 'That's So Cuegly.' I need to balance it and keep up. Josh is fabulous at giving me time to do so.
And finally: 10- To be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning, Satan says, "Oh crap! She's up!"
I love that quote and found a poem that describes what I think it means.
A woman of Faith...
Morning comes and finds her on her knees
The spirit speaks and she is listening
She offers everything her soul can give
To make a difference through the life she lives
Her faith holds her family close
She understands what matters most
Her gentle touch is where love starts
That's the way of a woman's heart
She's the keeper of the vision
She's the beacon in the night
A teacher and defender of the truth
And everything she touches
Bears traces of her light
She's faithful to
What God Himself would do
She's a friend to the lonely and the lost
Every day another bridge to cross
Her hands of mercy know the healer's art
That's the way of a woman's heart
Evening comes and finds her on her knees
She softly speaks and He is listening
With sweet assurance that she's done her part
She weeps in His peace
And that's the way of a woman's heart
Happy New Year Everyone
Linds
4 comments:
Lindz, I love the whole post. You are amazing. The poem brought tears to my eyes and I would like to be like that.
L- Thanks for your testimony and sharing your goals. I sure like you a ton. Love, T
Love the video, love the goals, love YOU! Why? because you inspire me!
LOVE LOVE LOVE THIS~~ Love you and you need to come and scare Kyle somemore. Loved every minute of it.
Post a Comment