Skye had a Doctor's appointment this morning that went alright in my mind. I'm just thankful, something is finally being done.
He's had ear infections practically his whole life. I swear every time he got over an ear infection, the next in line started. He has a history of Febrile seizures, that can occur when he gets a fever, which occur with his ear infections. They've finally decided to put tubes in his ears. He's had a couple Doctors, that would always suggest doing it if he gets another, but every time he got another infection, they'd back down. He's had two bad ones since we've moved here and our Doctor has also seen his record of ear infections and thinks it's about time.
She also surprisingly asked about his speach. She said kids with continuous bad ear infections can have trouble pronouncing correctly the words they hear. Because they obvioiusly cant hear the words correctly with ears full of liquid. We expressed our concern about his speach, and that he always pronouncing the words wrong, but we eventually learn what he's saying. So after he gets the tubes in a couple weeks, he's going to start speach therapy at the hospital here. She said the program here is amazing, and that one of there kids has done the program (She has 6 adopted children) and that it's highly recommended. It feels good getting everything taken care of for Skye, now we just have Cyrie's 4 month appointment and hopefully things will start settling down. It's amazing what you'd give as a parent, to take pain away for your kids. It's hard to watch them go through rough times and my oldest is ONLY 2! I have a lot of heart ache coming, for every time their feelings are even hurt. One step at a time I guess...
5 comments:
I'm glad they finally decided to do something. That sounds very frustrating. I'm sorry you have had to go through all of that. It is good they are doing something while he is still young though, so it can be taken care of. Hang in there!
Lins,
I am so glad they are putting tubes in. I had them when i was little and I never had another one. It will be great. What a relief. Love you sister.
good luck with the tubes Skye!
I bet this comes as a huge relief to you guys! Good luck with everything.
I hope everything will be fixed with the tubes for Skye. Good luck. Miss you.
Post a Comment