I was at work in the middle of sending out messages to parents about their
child’s unexcused absences when I heard the teacher just down the hall ask his
students a question. “If you had a genie and could ask for anything, what would
you ask for?”
I was listening to some of the student’s responses, but then I zoned
out answering that same question in my own mind. If I could ask for anything and it would come
true, what would I ask for?
At first I thought,
“Hmm.. I would want a job that allows me to:
- Provide for my family.
- Stay at home.
- While also loving the work I do.
I mulled it over and realized I was already putting in the efforts and
work to accomplish this dream on my own.
So I thought about it again, what do I want, if I could have anything in
this earth life? What would I wish for? And suddenly it was so easy for me.
Easier than breathing. I have 2 wishes.
·
I wish for my son who struggles with his
confidence and also depression to be able to feel God’s love and recognize it on
a daily basis, but also know his self-worth and never forget it.
·
I wish for my daughter to love herself and who
she is and not allow the ever changing trends and fads affect who she is and
how she feels about herself, her faith, her personality, or her body.
And suddenly my heart was heavy desperately wishing for these things to
come true. Being a parent is remarkably the best thing I’ve ever had the chance
of being. My life means everything
because of these two beautiful children of God.
And then I thought about how prayer is such a powerful gift that we’ve
been blessed with and sometimes take for granted.
Here, talk to God. Oh, Ok. Thank you.
What an amazing gift!
And then He’s actually listening to you and has endless love for you and wants what’s best for you.
So l pray and I ask him to help me overcome my many weaknesses, and
I’ll ask for the strength I need to get through my trials. I’ll ask for continued blessings upon those
who need their heavy hearts lifted up. I pray for those who are sick and
afflicted to feel His hands in their lives. I pray for safety, for myself and
my family.
But then realizing that he’s been there loving you and encouraging you
through all your trials, you have an overcoming feeling of gratitude. So you
can’t help but thank Him for His love, and thank Him for the comforter, and for
our Savior, and our blessings that are endless if we just open our eyes to see
them pouring in. I thank him for the
gift and power of prayer. This gift of
prayer is a gift of love.
So back to my 2 wishes I made today, because the next thought I had
after realizing how desperate I wanted these wishes to come true, I realized…
Parents have superpowers,
and prayer is mine.
and prayer is mine.
No comments:
Post a Comment