Sunday, February 7, 2016

Journal: 02.07.2016

I only have 10 more weeks left of school this semester. I can do this. I've discovered that the 2 week Christmas break between semesters is not nearly long enough. In fact, I get so burnt out these Winter semesters that I struggle staying motivated till April, even though it's not that long. It's more difficult because Josh and I are each going to school full time and are also both working 2 part time jobs.  He also has a couple internships on top of that.

(I'm not wearing any makeup in this picture, BUT I AM wearing sweat pants. 
SHHHH, don't tell, because we used this picture for Josh's seminary application.)


I don't find any glory in a busy life. I long for a day where I can:

...read a book for pleasure.
...not have to tell my kids "I can't because I have homework".
...have time to clean, or at least keep up on house work.
...see my husband on a more regular basis.

My husband and I went on our first "night date" in a year. (We go on quick day dates when we can while the kids are at school, and if we have homework done).  Last year we were able to go to the temple every Wednesday together while the kids were at school.  I miss that desperately, and it's remarkable how I can feel the difference in my life from going once a week to now only going once a month.

 Josh and I went on a stroll through the Village this past Friday night to get dessert and enjoy the lights. Emily Jensen watched our kids for us and they loved finally having a babysitter!


First NIGHT DATE in a long time....and guess what?....It's dark.

You can't really tell, but I cut off my hair, just under 10 inches.  Actually, Cyrie cut off my hair.
...YES, on purpose! I'm training her early I guess.  This is the second time she's cut my hair. The first time she cut about 5", so she was pretty stoked to cut off twice as much this time around!

Josh is currently student teaching seminary at Borah High School. It has been a blessing in our lives. Many blessings actually.  For one, it's only a 5 minute drive.  He also teaches with Ike Stafford, the seminary principle there (Whom Josh home teaches and also his wife is my 1st counselor in the YW presidency, we love this family). The students are eager and willing to learn.  And finally, Josh is loving it. He's learning and growing and finding a passion in teaching the gospel daily to the students at Borah High School

We had a new Young Woman move into our ward! This is big news for such a small group of girls. My goal is to get a picture of all of them. It's rare when each of them are together at the same time. I'll keep you posted. I love these girls.

Today in Young Women's we learned about the LOVE of God by studying the Plan of Happiness.




No comments: