Monday, February 17, 2014

J


When we meet someone new and they ask my husband..."So what do YOU do?" And then I hear my husband sum himself up, he always continues to sell himself short. Too many people undervalue what they are, and over value what they are not. A zillion things about Josh run through my head when someone asks him that question. So, incase you're wondering what he does, I made a quick list that I summed up for him:

  • Full time job 30+hours.
  • Full time college student-Full Time Homework. 
  • Young Mens President. Sundays, mutual, campouts etc.
  • + A full time Stake Calling. Teach youth in the Stake every sunday morning at 7am.
  • Substitute teaches early morning seminary when he can. Stays up preparing more lessons.
  • Does my dishes. Seriously, he does. 
  • World's Greatest Daddy to two busy bodies and never misses a day to make the time.
  • Amazing husband to an attention craving wife.
  • Gives me wings. And watches the kids while I get schooling/classes done.
  • A volunteer to help with cub scouting events.
  • Serves and loves people around him.
  • Serves and loves his God.
  • Kneels in prayer every morning.
  • A second dad to so many Young Men. Late night talks/tears with many.
  • Early-morning Baptisms for the Dead with a faithful young man-Weekly.
  • Provider, Giver, and Christ-Centered man.

I love this man. 
I love him.

But then there's the little things...
Like:

When he sings "WHOOP! There it is!" When the toast pops up, even when no one's listening.
Or when he makes me a candlelit bubble bath.
And when he takes me thrift store shopping even though it's like scratching his eyes out, because he would go to the ends of the earth to see me happy... So looking at other people's old trash is easy for him.
He dances with me in the kitchen just about every single day. That's when we talk about our day.
I can scare the daylights out of him 3 times a day, every day, for 9 years and he still adores me.
He doesn't get upset because I always laugh when he tries to have a serious conversation with me.
And he worries. OH, he worries. He worries about our future, the kid's future, making sure we're on the right path, making sure I don't go out after dark on my own to go grocery shopping or running.
He loves unconditionally.

So to my husband I say, thank you.  I love you because of who you are in every aspect.  I LOVE every moment of our quiet lives.  Your happiness is my everything. Your happiness is my happiness.  By the way, I'm wearing the smile you gave me.

Always yours,

Linds



3 comments:

Brady and Christi said...

What a perfect post! Our husband's always sell themselves short! You are such a sweet wife! You two are an amazing couple! I'm happy I know you ;) Loves!

Diane P said...

Thank you for loving my son so well and for seeing the amazing man that he is. Standing by every good man is a good woman and I'm grateful it is you. I love you!

'T' said...

Loved this L. He is such a special person.