I don't have very many breakdowns. I shed more tears regularly over joyful things or about love stories than of frustrations. But last week, I had a breakdown. In front of my kids. AT my kids.
And then it all just became one hot-mess.
And then it all just became one hot-mess.
***
It all started one morning the kids wouldn't listen to me AT ALL. I was completely invisible to them. You know how when you tell your kids to go clean their room and they think it means go play for the next 10 minutes?...it was worse than that...I seriously felt bullied and picked on. I was being completely irrational and emotional that day and they, for some reason, heightened it all by being extra disobedient that day. The combination of both had it's own results and while I was raising my voice at them, I started crying. But I just continued my rant as I was spilling tears. Skye looked mortified like his favorite cat just died or something, but then I look at Cyrie...and half way into my tearful rant she's choking back her uncontrollable laughter. I gave her a look of fury and for some reason that seemed to be her breaking point of laughter. I then turned on my heels into my room, slamming the door and continued my tear fest.
It all started one morning the kids wouldn't listen to me AT ALL. I was completely invisible to them. You know how when you tell your kids to go clean their room and they think it means go play for the next 10 minutes?...it was worse than that...I seriously felt bullied and picked on. I was being completely irrational and emotional that day and they, for some reason, heightened it all by being extra disobedient that day. The combination of both had it's own results and while I was raising my voice at them, I started crying. But I just continued my rant as I was spilling tears. Skye looked mortified like his favorite cat just died or something, but then I look at Cyrie...and half way into my tearful rant she's choking back her uncontrollable laughter. I gave her a look of fury and for some reason that seemed to be her breaking point of laughter. I then turned on my heels into my room, slamming the door and continued my tear fest.
I was feeling really mature.
Well the next day, Josh's parents came to visit and Cyrie felt inclined to show grandpa an impersonation of my angry face and then my sad crying face and laugh all about it.
Ya. It was great.
Ya. It was great.
Then on Sunday during Sacrament meeting, when I think this is finally starting to blow over, I hear Cyrie whisper over to Skye and say, "Hey Skye, remember this?" while she choked back her laughter some more...
(Skye and Cyrie on the right with a mess of toys, and then there's a proud label of MOM making a puddle of tears).
Josh and I couldn't contain ourselves anymore after we saw the drawing, and we laughed with her.
In unbelief, but we laughed.

2 comments:
Such a cute post and I can so relate! It's when I get mad at benson that he just smiles, well smirks, at me. Not the reaction I was hoping for. Love reading your blog!
Yes, sometimes those mommy dump days are the pits. I guess it makes us grateful that they can laugh about it, for it would seem they don't see you that way often, right?
Thanks for the comments on the pics. I was pleased with the result. And thanks for asking if you could pin it before doing it... yes!
Post a Comment