Saturday, July 20, 2013

Firth...

The time I spent with my parents actually FLEW BY quite quickly.  Without Josh I thought I might have such a hard time, but I stayed so busy that it just flew...granted the ONE day that Skye got into Grandma's Fiber one bars...other than that...we made it through and had a blast!
 We organized and labeled the toy room!

 I spent MORE than a few days out in the shop with Dad.

 Building this bookshelf for the toy room-

Does anyone else have such trouble with keeping kid's books organized? They pull out a bunch of books, the rest still on the shelf usually tip over and then when kids put them back (IF they put them back) they shove them in breaking the covers and pages. Well, with this book shelf...problem solved. My dad WAS a little concerned about the little ones using it as a ladder, but so far, we haven't had that problem.
It's screwed into the wall off the ground so there's room to put some basket's under the book shelf full of more toys. I just love it!

 and I've also been working on a growth chart for my children- (more on that later).

I got to go see Danny at her Mom and Dad's new and improved themed bedroom home as well as go on a gal date with her to the Olive Garden...


 My Dad is pretty awesome...here's a couple of his paintings I get to look at while I'm home:

I had a blast yard sale shopping with my Momma, and dehydrating fruit for food storage! We got RootBeer Ice Cream Cones at Rupes, and rode 4wheelers around until the kids were exhausted. A lot of my siblings came to visit while I was there, and some invited me to their house to play as well.  I watched I Am Legend with big brother Darrec, (right before my mom scared the pants off me!)  Katie had me out to spend a Sunday with her, Natalie had me out to have a day at the park with her and I spent a couple days with Brit. And then my favorite thing in the world seems to be sitting out on my parents deck from dusk till past dark.  It's my own personal therapy and I've enjoyed it for so many years that it still surprises me how much of an affect it has on me. Thanks Mom and Dad for letting me tag along for THREE WHOLE WEEKS!

No comments: