My sisters, mom and I have all been busy making strawberry jam with our new fetish, INSTANT CLEAR GEL. (Look into it if you haven't). So I was getting anxious to do something with the jam, and finally decided to make my favorite pie in the entire world:
STRAWBERRY RHUBARB PIE!!!
I winged-up a recipe, and was a little worried because last year I made-up a Pumpkin Pie recipe and it didn't turn out very devine. Anyway, here's the results (by the way it was completely delicous) and I even posted the recipe/s!
STRAWBERRY RHUBARB PIE!!!
I winged-up a recipe, and was a little worried because last year I made-up a Pumpkin Pie recipe and it didn't turn out very devine. Anyway, here's the results (by the way it was completely delicous) and I even posted the recipe/s!
It didn't even need to be served with ice cream because
it has a perfect Tart/Sweetness to it.


Mom W's Hardly any sugar, Strawberry Jam: Doubled
11.5 c. fruit
1/2 c. lemonjuice
5 c. sugar
12 rounded Tbs Instant Clear Gel
2 koolaid packets
Bring fruit and lemonjuice to a boil
mix the rest (dry) ingredients well, in seperate bowl
take fruit off heat and slowly wisk in dry ingredients
can, and give it a nice 10 minute water bath :)
(not freezer jam, but tastes even better and great on waffles!)
Mom P's Pie Crust: Easy and delectably flakey
2 c. flour
1/2 tsp. salt
1 c. butter shortening
1/2 c. cold water
Mix flour and salt
cut in shotening
fork stir in water untill it forms and holds together
(dont over work it)
then just rolly polly!
makes two crusts (double for the two pie resipe below)
Lindsay's Strawberry Rhubarb Pie: (woot woot!)
6 c. Rhubarb chopped 1/2"
2 pints strawberry jam
1 1/2 c. sugar
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp nutmeg
mix rhubarb, sugar, salt, and nutmeg. Let stand 15 minutes
add jam and stir in a couple Tbs Instant Clear Gel
makes 2 (two crust) pies
Bake on 350 for 55 minutes
2 comments:
Looks amazing Linds! Way to go! Bill would SO approve. I'm going to have to give it a try with my rhubarb that is doing really well this year!
I want that...
Post a Comment