I have recently discovered that I really enjoy to read.
I would never have put myself in the category of FAIRTALE/ROMANCE/ADVENTURE. But I'm here. The thing is...the ONLY books I have read have been in or very near that category. I've read and absolutely loved (after many persuasions) The Harry Potter series (Thanks to Brack), Twilight, (Thanks to Katie), and now The Goose Girl, (Thanks to Claire). I'm far from interested in documentaries etc, but I would LOVE SUGGESTIONS of YOUR favorite books! Maybe seeing what I'm interested in can give you a clue. If you haven't noticed...I CANT get bored or I'm done. But I'm having FAR too much fun getting lost in a book to quite reading right now, so I need suggestions!
I'm also here to praise "THE GOOSE GIRL"
Claire Davis introduced me to this book, and I amcurrently reading Fablehaven.
Goose Girl: Ani, is a crown Princess, betrothed to a Prince in Bayern. She gets lost in the woods after many of her own gaurd try to kill her off and replace her. It's an amazing adventure of her trying reposess her title and crown, and how love (amazing love) finds her. An also added favorite is that the guy she falls in love with, Geric, has one of my favorite names, Skye was almost a Geric...we'll have to see if our family will ever consist of a little Geric.
If you haven't read it...please do (A-SAP), and then suggest to me your favorites...I'm ready.
Keep in mind, I'm new to this whole "read a book thing." What is that?
9 comments:
Have LOVED the Fablehaven series...
Andrea is reading Fablehaven right now, and I'm reading "Beauty" by McKinley, a twist on Beauty and the Beast. Lovin' it. Next, Harry Potter so I'll be ready for movie 6. Happy reading, love you. When will I see you again?
Hi, no suggestions from me, just HI:") Hey, I just put nostrils on my smiley face on accident and I kind of like it. this is my face from now on :") It means HI:")
Linds, I'm going to have to read that book. Sounds right up my ally. I love historical fiction romance books. I also loved the Work and the Glory. I have lots of authors I love. We'll have to have a chat sometime!
Meg, I KNOW there's books you have read that you like...come on...I need many suggestions!
I really need to read those. I have some suggestions on my blog. Just click the Required Reading link.
You need to join GoodReads.... then you can see what everyone is reading!
Hey Linds! I too am a bit of a book worm! I have a few reading suggestions for you...The Secret Life of Bees, Lemon Tart, The Ultimate Gift, The Ultimate Life, and Tim just finished Angels and Demons but I haven't read it yet. Good luck and I'm gonna have to read some that you listed! :) If I think of any more I'll let you know!
If you need the rest of the Goose Girl series...I have them all. :) As well as a bunch of other books....feel free to come raid my library!
Post a Comment